Toronto Full Day Conference
Management Strategies for Today's Workplace
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Hours: 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. (Continental breakfast served at 8:30a.m.)
Location: Edward Village Hotel North York, 185 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto
Topics and Speakers:
Hot Buttons: Today’s Critical Issues in Employment Law presented by Ruben Goulart, LL.B., Lawyer & HR Advisor, Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP
Workplace Investigations: How to Avoid Costly Mistakes (Expert Panel) presented by Brian Sartorelli, President & CEO, Investigative Risk Management and Ruben Goulart, LL.B., Lawyer & HR Advisor, Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP
Attracting, Hiring and Retaining the Very Best Talent: What’s New? presented by Jay Yakabowich, Chief Revenue Officer, High Road Human Capital
Bold Courage: How Owning Your Awesome Changes Everything presented by Paula Morand, CEO, CSP, Leadership Expert, Keynote Speaker, Author
Click here for the printable PDF version
Ottawa - Apr. 23, 2020
Calgary - May 5, 2020
Halifax - May 6, 2020
Toronto - May 6, 2020
Edmonton - May 7, 2020
Register three (3) participants from the same organization at the same time and a fourth participant attends FREE of charge.
Back to top
Hot Buttons: Today’s Critical Issues in Employment Law
With all the recent changes happening both in workplace legislation and case law, we will explore recent developments with a focus on pro-active measures to reduce legal risk. The key operational areas are:
* Organizational change: Identify key legal risks associated with workplace and business changes including suggestions on how to avoid constructive dismissal claims given recent developments from the courts.
* Substance use and drug & alcohol testing: What's new with cannabis? How far can you go with your policies and testing procedures? What has been happening post legalization?
* Absence management: Updates on medical evaluations, managing return to work and accommodation. Learn how to optimize your strategies in order to stay ahead of Human Rights complaints.
Click here for information on Ruben Goulart
Workplace Investigations: How to Avoid Costly Mistakes (Expert Panel)
Conducting workplace investigations is one of the most challenging management and HR duties, but also one of the most important. In this session, learn how to conduct effective workplace investigations into harassment and other workplace wrongdoing with actual case studies and our panel of experts to include a labour and employment law lawyer, a private investigations specialist and a local police officer to answer your questions.
* Within the organization, who’s involved in the decision/investigative process
* Who should conduct the investigation - and who should not and why
* Interviewing witnesses, obtaining evidence, possible questions to ask
* Effective policy and procedures
* Report writing
* When to bring in a lawyer or an investigations specialist or contact the police
* What preparations you need to do before contacting the police
* Procedural fairness
* Civil vs Criminal- how you make the right decision
* Impact of the making the wrong decision
Employers have a legal, ethical and moral duty to investigate thoroughly, to recognize due process and take the appropriate action. Participants will work through actual cases to learn how to make the right decision and avoid costly damages.
Click here for information on Brian Sartorelli
Click here for information on Ruben Goulart
Attracting, Hiring and Retaining the Very Best Talent: What’s New?
Today’s talent ‘supply and demand’ equation is very different. For many, business models of yesterday no longer generate the results we are looking for. Time-to-hire is increasing, cost-to-hire is up, finding the right candidate is more difficult and when we do find that ‘right one,’ the bidding war in on. So, what do we do?
Gain insights on important trends in talent acquisition as well as the best strategies and tactics that really work. We will do a deep dive into the make-up of today’s talent pools, what job seekers want and what we can do to align. Equally important, we will discuss the impact and opportunity of diversity and inclusion.
Click here for information on Jay Yakabowich
Bold Courage: How Owning Your Awesome Changes Everything
From her international best-selling book, “Bold Courage” is a call to arms for individuals and organizations to re-engage the human spirit. It is about shifting perspective, discovering possibilities and learning to unleash the potential of saying yes, taking risk and learning to play a bigger game in life. It is about developing a discipline for greatness in small tangible ways that build legacy and long lasting impact. Paula shares with high energy and humour what it means to own your awesome both as an individual and as an organization.
In this dynamic presentation, participants will learn:
* How to use your breaking point as a catalyst for innovation.
* How to prepare your warrior mindset and move through risk and change.
* How to accept vulnerability as part of the process of growth.
* How creating a process centric approach for managing change in work and in life makes all the difference for managing through disruption.
Click here for information on Paula Morand
Cost for the Full Day Conference (includes breakfast, lunch, two coffee breaks, all sessions and handout material Get your registration in by February 14, 2020 and become eligible
to win training programs worth $1000!
Early Bird Registration (payment and registration received before February 14, 2020)
Regular registrations (payment and registration received between February 14, 2020 and April 17, 2020)
APRC/CMPA/CAAS/CPTA Members and Students: $209.00 plus HST per person
Non-Members/Guests: $229.00 plus HST per person
To register, complete the form online and submit with payment (VISA or MASTERCARD credit cards accepted, or mail cheque payable to IPM to IPM, Ste. 2210-1081 Ambleside Drive, Ottawa, ON, K2B 8C8. (Don't forget to add the HST!)
* Payments must accompany registrations.
* Deadline for registration (subject to availability): April 17, 2020
* Space is limited so to avoid disappointment, REGISTER NOW!